Friday, September 19, 2008

No. That was the last Jelly Bub.

I can take no credit for this at all, it's all the work of my baby sister. But i'm sticking it up here to illustrate why I miss her and home and Mama and Nana and the dogs (and of course papa but he isn't mentioned in the following exchange, although I imagine he'd probably have had something to say about it all) and everyone:

After having been told off for trying to feed the dogs boiled mints, Nana reaches for the jelly babies that Mama is so happily scoffling down. Ripping the last jelly baby in half, she scrapes some apple sauce onto the now horrifically maimed sweet and reaches down to the dogs.

MAMA: What are you doing?

(At this point I look puzzled and shrug at the Mama Bear)

NANA: Feeding the dogs a Jelly Bub

MAMA: You can't give them a jelly bub!

NANA: Why not? They like it...see.

(Jason spits out the appley, maimed Jelly Bub and walks off disappointed. Meanwhile Gizmo struggles to down both pieces of the sweetie goodness that was once a jelly bub and chews and chews.

SARA: I don't think dogs should have jelly bubs.

NANA: Well they weren't allowed the mints.

MAMA: (eagerly eyeing up the packet) Can I have another Jelly Bub?

NANA: No. That was the last Jelly Bub.


I miss home.

1 comment:

Jeffers said...

haha nans are so great....My nan used to give dogs the most bizarre things to eat as well hehe

To be fair Gizzmo can be a fussy so and so....he never eats pickled onion crisps....but I imagine that with their doggy super sense of smell the strong smell must burn their delicate nostrils........ having said that he happily sticks his nose a micro millimeter away from steaming dog poo and has a good old sniff..........

mmmmm strange little things