Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just when I thought Belgium couldn't get any weirder

I just went to the shop - the Intermarche rather than Delhaize, because it's a little bit closer and it's all rainy outside.

That was my first mistake.

My second mistake was assuming it would sell minced beef.

It doesn't.

I'll tell you what it does sell though.

Chien Viande.

Yep.

Minced dog.


My third mistake, although this by no means tops the minced dog incident and only goes last due to chronological ordering, is that I stupidly - STUPIDLY - tried to buy only one can of tomato puree. In Intermarche no one does this, apparently. You have to buy two or more. Why? No one knows. Is it on offer? No. Are they sold together, packaged together? No. It's just an adorable quirk.

Lidl all the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way - did you buy the minced dog meat?!

Amanda said...

Nooooooo!

Anonymous said...

I just thought maybe it was horse meat? They love their horse meat over there i've heard...