Saturday, February 7, 2009

le woof le woof

We were looking at pictures of dog breeds yesterday in order to decide what kind of dog we're getting when we're grown up - I've wanted a shih tzu my whole life, before Paris Hilton and her ilk started carrying them around in handbags - look at his little face! Teddy bear dog! But Ben put his foot down, refusing blankly to let it share a house with him. I said he could sleep in the garden. He ignored that.

So we've decided, more or less, on a border collie or a beagle. They look suitably manly and not stupid, apparently. But the point of this post was to show you something we found amusing.

<---------- English Bulldog . . . . . . . French Bulldog ------------>

I imagine one says 'WAUGH! WAUGH!" and the other says 'Le woof! Le woof!'

It's fun to laugh at the French.

I also particularly like the way these two little guys look like they're steadfastly ignoring each other. I didn't mean that to happen, but sometimes things just fall into place.

On another note, I didn't think there was anything more boring than watching sport on TV. It turns out there is one thing more boring - watching sport on French TV.

4 comments:

Jan Richardson said...

Is that really a French bulldog? I hate to say it, but it's prettier than its English counterpart!
Another fab entry!

Jeffers said...

i think that first one is a lhasa apso, shitzus dont have that bear face......gizzmo was like that

sara said...

hehe i agree. the french bulldog is a lot prettier. seems a bit poofish though. i would buy a dog if it barked "le woof le woof!" also border collies is what i'd like. they are so playful and loyal. keep you fit too. hehe again another article that made me chuckle. :)

Sam said...

Come on, if you're going to get a dog, at least get one which isn't rubbish. Something big, like a labrador, or a golden retriever, something like that. A proper dog, basically, none of this poodly shitzu nonsense. Crap dogs piss me off. Stupid crap dogs.